WordPress is the most powerful CMS used by over 70 million websites around the globe, 100 of those belong to big businesses like TechCrunch. WordPress is very easy to install and supported by all hosting providers. Choosing a better hosting company is main factor for your WordPress website as a better hosting company will keep your website 99.99% up.
What You Need Before You Begin Installing WordPress:
You need to have your own domain name and a web hosting account from a good hosting company. I recommend using iPage because they offer free WordPress installation,so you don’t have to worry about anything. You only need to call them by toll free or use online chat.
Avail current offer from iPage for Design Tempest readers only: iPage 75% off Coupon Code: ONSALE
In-case you are willing to install WordPress yourself, you have to follow below steps:
Installing WordPress Manually:
Installing WordPress manually is also know as famous 5 minutes installation.
- First you need to download latest version of WordPress from WordPress official website and extract it on your local computer using winrar or unzip.
- Upload all files from extracted WordPress folder (files only) on your server using FTP client like FileZilla.
- Once the files are uploaded on your server, log-on to your hosting account/Cpanel and create a database.
Enter your database name and click “Create Database”
- After installing WordPress, you need to go to your website address (e.g. yourdomain.com), it will take you to the WordPress installation page.
- You will be directed to a page like this:
Click on “Create a Configuration File“.
- On the next screen you will have to enter your database name, database username and password, database host, and table prefix, etc.
After entering all required information, click on “Submit“