When you setup OpenCart, it comes with integrated email sending service which send out emails to you and your customer when a new order is placed.
Some of the clients request to remove “Powered by OpenCart” from the email that is sent to their customers. SO in fairly easy way, I am going to teach exactly how to remove powered by opencart from email template.
Let’s get started!!
- Open your FTP client and connect with your FTP server
- Locate email template at: catalog/view/theme/YOUR_THEME/template/mail/order_confirm.tpl
- Find below block of code:
<td align=”center”><a href=”<?php echo $store_url; ?>” style=”color: #069;”><?php echo $store_name; ?></a> <?php echo $text_powered_by; ?> <a href=”http://www.opencart.com” style=”color: #374953;”>OpenCart</a></td>
and remove below piece of code:
<?php echo $text_powered_by; ?> <a href=”http://www.opencart.com” style=”color: #374953;”>OpenCart</a>
Now remove it from the language file as well for good measure.
- Locate: catalog/language/english/mail/order_confirm.php.
- Locate: $_[‘text_powered_by’] = ‘powered by’;
- Change it to: $_[‘text_powered_by’] = ‘ ‘;
- All Done 🙂
In few simple steps you can easily remove powered by link from email template of your opencart installation.
Feel free to post questions below if you have any, and I would love to respond personally 🙂